AKA is one of the world’s most successful entertainment marketing agencies with offices in three continents across the world. We are a full-service advertising and marketing agency for theatre, live entertainment, film, music, museums, galleries, events and attractions, working with some of the country’s leading organisations.
We are looking to recruit a HR Manager to join our wonderful HR/Operations team in our head office, in the heart of London’s West End.
We are looking for a HR Manager who is a transformational leader who will be pivotal in developing the outstanding foundations which have been laid. Who alongside the Chief Talent & Operations Director and supported by the HR Administrator and Head of Talent Acquisition, will position HR at the centre of the business and be influential across a wide range of projects.
Through a combination of best recruitment practice and outstanding development the individual will create and retain the agile team we need to remain market leader. You will be versatile and confident, bringing an innovative and fluid style and be prepared to bring forward-thinking HR recommendations.
You will have strong knowledge and experience of:
- Leadership development – having the knowledge along with the skills to support, guide and deliver leadership and people development training across the business
- Working effectively under pressure
- Self-starter and strong adaptability to a fast-paced and multi-faceted environment
- Being agile in providing support and guidance when working with seniors and line managers
- High level of confidentiality, trust and integrity
- Employment law
- HR practices, procedures, systems and employment legislation
- Work closely with Head of Talent Acquisition to ensure we are attracting and retaining top talent
- Manage and develop internal and external training across the business
- Provide solutions to employment relations, developing managers to have a wider understanding of HR polices
- Work with the team to create development programmes
- Work alongside Head of Talent Acquisition to monitor HR metrics (e.g. turnover rates and cost-per-hire) and potential succession planning
- Set objectives for the HR Administrator and track their progress
- Manage HR Administrator to deliver efficient employee on-boarding and exiting
- Ensure that company policies are current and in line with latest employment legislation
- Review contracts for all employees and amend where necessary
- Developing and implementing HR initiatives in line with the organisation’s objectives
- Work with Chief Talent & Operations Director to deliver fit for purpose employee engagement, compensation and benefits, talent management, HR information systems and platforms and financial planning of the department
- Accountable for the performance of the HR function as well as providing strategic counsel on all people matters
- Contributing to long-term goals around business and people development
- Developing company well-being, health and counselling policies
- Minimum 5 years experience
- CIPD Qualification (min of level 5 required)
- Knowledge of MS software products and HR systems would be beneficial
- In depth knowledge of employment law and HR best practices